Monday, April 10, 2006

I Can Brag About My Kid - It's My Blog

Today we received results from the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) - a standardized test used throughout the country. Here are the results - and I don't care if I'm bragging - I'm PROUD! And it is my blog!

Here is the score interpretation as it is written:

"Bailey was given the IA Test of Basic Skills in January 2006. At the time of testing, she was in 5th grade. The composite score can be used to describe a student's overall achievement on the tests. Bailey earned a Composite grade equivalent of 10.6 on the level 11 test. This means that her test performance was approximately the same as that of a typical student in the tenth grade at the end of the sixth month. Bailey's Composite national percentile rank of 98 means that she scored higher than 98 percent of fifth grade students nationally. Her overall achievement appears to be high for fifth grade. (Ya THINK?!)

A student's scores can be compared with each other to determine relative strengths and weaknesses. In Bailey's case, overall performance is sufficiently high so that no single area seems particularly weak or strong relative to the others.

Here's how it breaks down:

Reading Total:
Grade level: 10.8
98th percentile

Language Total:
Grade level: 12.8
98th percentile

Math Total:
Grade level: 9.0
92nd percentile

Social Studies:
Grade level: 11.1
97th percentile

Science:
Grade level: 12.4
98th percentile

Composite:
Grade level: 10.6
98th percentile

I smell scholarships!!! (i hope, someday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home