Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day and I'm The Man

Today is Valentine's Day. A day when a lot of men get a bad rep for not participating in this "Hallmark Holiday," or for being guilt-tripped into purchasing over-priced flowers or mushy cards. A day when women are stereotyped as diamond-seeking rose bouquet-demanding romance seekers. Now, as a woman, sure I like romance - but I was more of "The Man" this year when it comes to Valentine's Day. I had talked it over with my husband and we had decided that we would go out for a nice dinner on a DIFFERENT night. A night when there would be less of a wait for a table. One year, before we were engaged, we waited for over 3 hours for a table - I kid you NOT! So, I picked up a nice card, thinking that would be nice for Valentine's Day and then we'd wait for our romantic dinner another night.

Well, much to my surprise (and embarrassment), my husband pulled out all of the stops this morning. Not only did he get up early to clear the driveway of snow, but he took the day off of work, drove my oldest daughter to school, and then shocked me with a wonderfully romantic gift. He then left for a Dr. appointment - and shortly after leaving, a knock at the door. It was the FLORIST! Not only a beautiful bouquet for me, his wife, but a sweet and thoughtful arrangement for his oldest daughter as well.



So, this Valentine's Day - I suck as a wife. I am totally "The Man" and I've screwed up big time. So...what do women do when they screw up romantically? Men - they can just order flowers or buy jewelry. What should I do????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home