Friday, February 16, 2007

No Longer A Young, Cool Mom

I used to be a young, cool Mom. I used to be in-tune with what was "in" with the kids. I used to be cool. But today I was reviewing the iTunes receipt for the songs Bailey downloaded using her $15 iTunes Valentine's Day gift card. And I have NO CLUE WHAT THESE ARE!

Outside Looking In

Jump to the Rhythm

Our Song

Irreplaceable

Lose Control (Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop)

Temperature

Maybe

Tomorrow

We Both Reached for the Gun

Roxie

I have the iTunes account set up to come to my email address so I can keep an eye on what music she is listening to - if there are any wierd purchases without consent, etc. And Bailey knows this. She also knows that if there are several versions of a song available - the one marked CLEAN is her only option. So she is mostly a rule-abiding kid...and I'm sure this music is ok...but now I have to go look them up. Further evidence that I'm no longer young and cool but old and prudish. "We Both Reached for the Gun" is what has me most concerned - what sort of a title is that?!

"What are these kids listening to these days? It isn't music!" -- Old, un-cool Mom of 11-year-old

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home